Last time I blogged about my Titanic wall hanging, it looked like this:
At this stage I added two borders, a narrow black one to frame the ship and then added a lovely peachy/orangey print as an outside border.
(Of course I forgot to take a picture at this stage!)
I picked this colour of fabric because it reminded me of the
colour the Titanic's chimney stacks were painted!
The fabric is Fiesta from the Hope Valley range by Denyse Schmidt.
I then added some fusible black 1/4" bias tape to the border.
I was able to use a 4mm twin needle on my Janome machine to sew it in place.
Sewing with twin needles is very effective when sewing on bias tape.
I had to do quite a bit of maneuvering around the circles,
but the straight lines were a breeze!
Once I had the bias sewed on, it was time to layer my wall hanging.
Next stage quilting!